What is a SBHC? – View Brochure
A School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is a unique health care model for comprehensive physical, mental and preventive health care services for children and adolescents in a school setting. All registered students and school staff are eligible for appointments provided there is a consent form on file
School-Based Health Centers at Ashland and Eagle Point High Schools and at Butte Falls Charter School are recognized by Oregon Health Authority as Tier 3 Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
We offer a full service medical home to meet primary and preventive healthcare needs.
- Diagnoses and treatment of acute and chronic illness
- Routine physical exams, including sports physicals
- Vision, dental and blood pressure screenings
- Oral health assessments and referral for dental care
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Prescription medications, when indicated
- Over-the-counter medications to treat minor complaints, when approved by parent/guardian
- Brief mental health screenings/counseling
- Health education, counseling and wellness promotion
- Referrals for health care services not provided at school-based health center
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP) enrollment assistance
We will bill your health insurance plan, Medicaid or other third-party insurer, when available. A generous sliding-fee schedule is available for students without insurance — just ask! Plus, we can help with application for insurance coverage. No student will be turned away due to the lack of insurance.
Appointments are encouraged; drop-ins are welcome.